About Landscape of Grand Pré Inc.
Landscape of Grand Pré Inc. was created on January 22, 2016, under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act with its stated purposes to:
- Facilitate a coordinated management approach among those who have jurisdiction over the Landscape of Grand Pré UNESCO World Heritage Site to protect, preserve, and promote the Site;
- Instill a strong sense of shared community pride and stewardship in the protection, preservation, and promotion of the Site; and
- Provide strategic direction for the management and conservation of the archaeological heritage and the Outstanding Universal Value of the Site.
The Eight Member Organizations
Class A Voting Member Organizations
1. Glooscap First Nation
2. Grand Pré and Area Community Association
3. Grand Pre Marsh Body
4. Municipality of the County of Kings
5. Parks Canada Agency
6. Société Nationale de l’Acadie
7. Société Promotion Grand-Pré
Class B Non-Voting Member Organization
8. Province of Nova Scotia represented by the Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage
The Board of Directors is the core governance body of the Corporation. It meets regularly throughout the year and is made up of directors (nominated by the member organizations and the Board of Directors) and appointed by the member organizations. The Board has direct responsibility over a number of committees reporting to the Board. Board committees address matters such as nominations for governance positions, oversight of the Corporation’s governance practices, and governance policies. Advisory committees provide advice on matters relating to the operations, monitoring, and World Heritage Site periodic reporting. The Corporation’s Executive Director, working in the Grand Pré area, serves as the secretariat for the organization and runs day-to-day operations, overseen by the Board and the Board Chair.